It’s time to address the tie-dyed elephant in the room...
“Wow! You work in the weed business? You must be killing it!” If you have ever said that, or thought that, you too, have fallen prey to the misconception. News coverage and reality TV shows make the cannabis industry appear as either the latest wealth generating commodity, or an industry “full of stoner entrepreneurs making money peddling weed”.
FACT: Owning or starting a cannabis business does NOT make you rich (unless you started out rich or well capitalized).
FACT: The cannabis industry is one of the most difficult, expensive, and frustrating industries you have/will ever participate in.
What we talk about:
- Who makes the most money in the industry and why
- Who makes the least money in the industry and why
- Why getting referrals ancillary professional service providers is your best bet
- What questions should you ask a consultant before hiring them
- The cannabis industry may seem alluring, but do NOT underestimate the challenges
- There is no one-size-fits-all solution to the time and financial constraints of operating in the cannabis industry
- If you want to make a lot of money in the cannabis industry, start an ancillary business, skip the regulatory nightmare