Susan Marks, RN, BSN, PHN, is a cannabis nurse and a member of the American Cannabis Nurses Association. She works with medical patients who want to include cannabis therapeutics in their health management program.
Susan educates and consults with clients on:
- The endocannabinoid system and how cannabis works in their body and is specific to their disease or issue
- How to select safe and reliable products
- The dosing process
- The risks and benefits of cannabis
- Identifying drug interactions and avoiding unwanted side effects
- Understanding that cannabis is a treatment within a continuum of care which involves interacting components and being able to integrate cannabis with the client’s current treatment choices and lifestyle.
Susan works with patients with the following medical conditions:
- Chronic pain
- Essential Tremor
- Auto-immune diseases (Lupus, Crohn’s, MS)
- Neurodegenerative (Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, ALS)
- Weight loss/Weight gain
Susan is a native Californian and received her Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) from Mount Saint Mary’s College. She has clinical experience in Adult Medical/Surgical; Pediatric Oncology/Hematology; Home Care; Case Management; Disease Management; Quality Improvement; and Risk Management.
Susan has received certification in the following sub-specialties:
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
- Public Health Nurse (PHN)
- Legal Nurse Consultant (LNCC)
- Catastrophic Case Management and Life Care Planning
Susan was inducted into Sigma Theta Tau, International Nursing Honor Society.
Susan is passionate about the therapeutic benefits of cannabis and is also a medical cannabis patient. She has a progressive neurological movement disorder, and cannabis (high CBD, low THC) has allowed her to stop anti-seizure medication and the intolerable side effects. In this episode of cannabis business minds, we talk with Nurse Susan about how cannabis has helped many of Nurse Susan's clients.